Black Mold Remediation in Lawrence, KS
We are experts at water damage repair and mold remediation. When water damage affects your property, we’ll do the job right the first time so that you never have to hire another professional.
The Paul Davis Promise
- We reply swiftly, day or night, so the damage doesn’t get worse while you wait.
- Certified, trained technicians have the know-how to carefully and skillfully take care of water cleanup and mold remediation.
- Our comprehensive solution includes building drying, damage restoration, and antimicrobial measures.
- Progressive equipment and technology detects the source and quarantines the area, halting its spread.
What is Black Mold?
Black mold is the stuff of homeowners’ nightmares. It is a toxin-producing fungus that slinks in unnoticed, and then takes over. Mold is everywhere – indoors and out – just waiting for the environment it needs to settle down and reproduce. Microscopic spores can lie inactive almost indeterminately, until they encounter dark, moist areas to set up shop. The toxins in black mold can be damaging to humans and animals. It belongs to a family of toxin-producing molds, all of which can be just as harmful.
Information about Mold
Black mold grows quickly, so you should never delay calling a professional to inspect for mold infestation. They can go unseen for weeks, and then spring up practically overnight.
Once mold produces colonies in your living space, it quickly grows and releases toxins that make life difficult for occcupants:
- Mold emits a strong, musty scent that stops rooms from smelling fresh.
- Mold causes serious problems for allergy-sensitive people, as well as those with asthma, making symptoms flare up.
- Mold can cause coughing, wheezing, chest tightness, and difficulty breathing.
- Mold toxins can activate chronic inflammation and constant cold-like symptoms.
- Individuals with compromised immune systems can get systemic infections of the lungs, skin, or digestive tract.
- In rare cases, mold toxins can cause neurological issues or even death.
- The more prolonged the exposure, the greater the danger.
Exceptionally damp homes and offices can be vulnerable to mold infestations even if no water damage has happened. If you see or smell something that could be mold, get an expert opinion immediately.
To get rid of mold, the environment where it prospers must first be eliminated. Water sources have to be dealt with, and any remaining moisture must be carefully dried out. Only then can mold elimination and remediation start.
Whether a leaky roof, burst pipe, or other opening, it isn’t enough to close the tide. Moisture can soak out-of-sight areas of your home. Without proper cleanup procedures, mold will keep returning to these spots.
What We Do
- We scrutinize the area and evaluate visible and hidden damage triggered by water and mold, and what must be done to stop further damage.
- We contain the mold so that it can’t transmit to larger areas.
- We use modern air filtration methods to eliminate spores from the air.
- We remove mold and any materials that have been infested with it, and then we treat the area with antimicrobial substances to kill what’s left.
- We clean household items, carpeting, furniture and decor that have come into contact with mold. This includes getting rid of that awful, musty odor.
- We return the property to its pre-damaged state using new drywall, paint, carpet, and other building materials.
While no process can guarantee that a home won’t be re-infested with mold, we can make your home or business as unfavorable to mold as possible.
Call Paul Davis of Lawrence right away. Whether it’s your home or business that has been jeopardized, our fast, thorough, skillfully trained technicians will handle the consequences of your water and mold damage. We’ll work work together to return things to their pre-damaged state.